Grants and Job Opportunities for Athletes:
USATF Foundation Elite Athlete Jobs Program:
Looking for a part-time role that is flexible to your training and competition schedule, or for a full-time role as you transition to your post-competitive life? Want to earn some money and gain valuable career development experience? Check out the USATF Foundation Elite Athlete Jobs Program. Firms from eight industry categories (and counting) have partnered with the USATF Foundation to provide job opportunities for athletes needing a flexible schedule and experience that will serve them in their life after competition.
USATF Foundation Athlete Career Mentoring Program
Because the dream continues after the race ends.
The Athlete Career Mentoring Program was designed specifically for you, the athlete, to assist with the transition away from professional athletics, to post-competitive life.
The USA Track & Field Foundation has assembled a stellar group of highly successful individuals across a wide range of industries and professions, who have volunteered to lend their time and expertise in furtherance of this new, innovative program.
USATF Foundation Elite Athlete Support Grants
The USATF Foundation seeks to support the pursuit of world-class performances by American post-collegian track & field athletes who have met minimum performance standards by contributing to their compelling individual financial needs with an Elite Athlete Grant.
Click Here to see if you qualify as well as complete the application if you do.
If you have questions about the USATF Foundation's Elite Athlete Job Program, the Athlete Career Mentoring Program or the Elite Athlete Support Grants, please contact Jack Wickens, USATF Foundation Director, at email@example.com.
USOC Athlete Career Resources
In response to the growing need for career-related programs and services among America's elite athletes, the U.S. Olympic Committee (USOC) and its Official Career Management Services Sponsor, Adecco, have created the Athlete Career Program (ACP).
Through utilizing the ACP, U.S. Olympians, Paralympians, coaches, and Olympic and Paralympic hopefuls can accomplish two main objectives:
- Alleviate career or job-related concerns, outside of the field of play, which will allow them to perform better while training and competing.
- Better prepare themselves for the inevitable transition from sport, thus allowing them to be more focused on their sport while they are an active competitor.
Through the ACP, athletes can receive personalized career management resources and services, programs and services include the following:
- Personal career assistance – work with your own career coach to assist you with everything from creating your personal career game plan, to creating a resume, to getting the job you want.
- Job placement assistance – whether you’re looking for a part-time, flexible scheduled job, full-time employment, or an internship or job shadowing opportunity, Adecco can help you find what you need.
- Career management seminars – these seminars are broken into five topics that can be delivered anywhere and anytime to fit athletes’ schedules.
For detailed information, please visit the USOC Athlete Career Resources page on the USOC website.